Scrubly

Outlook 2016 and multiple contact folders

(2 replies) This is a Public Forum Post

Mr Scriven

My Outlook is connected to 4 Outlook.com accounts and one Work Exchange account. Each of the outlook.com accounts is connected to facebook, linkedin and twitter. Hence there are over 12 contacts folders. In the Scrubly outlook app all I see is one address book. I want to clean each mail accout of folder individually?

Rob

(2 years ago) Posted by Mr Scriven on January 28, 2017 at 18:12pm Outlook

Bob

Hi Mr Scriven,

Thank you for your note on Scrubly and your question about cleaning up your Outlook.com and Exchange accounts.

Scrubly works directly with the local copy of your Outlook PST and unfortunately does not have direct access to any virtual folder in Outlook. The best thing to do is to create a new local Outlook folder and then copy and past all of your contacts from the four outlook.com accounts plus exchange into the new folder. This will create a bunch of new duplicates inside this new folder but you can then use Scrubly to clean up this new consolidated list.

This process will be a bit of work and I recommend that you first run Express Scrub so that all the most obvious duplicates will be automatically merged. You can then re-scrub this folder to run Deep Scrub to get all of the remaining duplicate contacts.

Give this a try and let me know if you run into any issues. Again, it's a bit of work but the end result will be a complete duplicate free address book.

Thanks again!

Bob

2 years ago

Mr Scriven

Thanks. However the point was i want too scrub each account individually and not merge them.

2 years ago