Scrubly

Merge with Google Address Book

(16 replies) This is a Public Forum Post

marcdkaplan

I noticed that there is no option to merge 2 or more address books together, and then scrub them. The reason I came to use the service is because I have multiple CSV files and address books all over the place and needed to have a way to clean them all up at once by combining them.

Marc K.
@stayinginsync

(8 years ago) Posted by marcdkaplan on July 8, 2011 at 17:17pm Outlook

bbarnard

Anything new on this item. I would like to have ONE addressbook that populates all my addressbooks - same info on all books.

7 years ago

Brian Flay

And another vote. This is urgent because, for some reason, we all thought that this was a capability already available when we purchased!

7 years ago

Zorrah

I echo the request and the disappointment in not being able to do that now.

7 years ago

Killian Tobin

I am in agreement with the above commenters- I understood syncing to be part of the scrubly tool!

7 years ago

C. Niemeyer

Another vote - c'mon, Scubly, let's do this...being able to add multiple excel or csv files is critical.

7 years ago

Patrick Verbeten

I'm really upset i just spent 40 bucks and cannot do this! there are others out there who will but I guess I was just tricked. This is worthless without this option and will not be recommending this service to anyone. Please refund my purchase or fix this today!

6 years ago

Patrick Verbeten

I'm really upset i just spent 40 bucks and cannot do this! there are others out there who will but I guess I was just tricked. This is worthless without this option and will not be recommending this service to anyone. Please refund my purchase or fix this today!

6 years ago

Andrew Gelman

It seems pretty clear that they have ignored this request or just don't care. This is pretty crucial technology to have.

6 years ago

Andrew Gelman

It seems pretty clear that they have ignored this request or just don't care. This is pretty crucial technology to have.

6 years ago

Bob

Hi Andrew, thanks for your feedback regarding syncing multiple contact folders across address books. This is definitely a feature we have on our roadmap, but it is not trivial and requires a very large development effort along the lines of building our own iCloud syncing platform. We don't have a launch date but hope to have it sometime in the future.

Best regards,

Bob

6 years ago

Rick Hartley

I also need this same feature and it was the primary reason that I purchase the annual subscription. Do you have any other suggestions on how to do this outside of your service? Thanks for your help! BTW, I also opened a ticket with this same request.

6 years ago

Shane N.

Hello... Is there any update on this?

The message shows 3 years ago and this is the key reason for purchasing Scrubly.

I will have to find another solution if I cannot merge and scrub the different address books

Thanks

2 years ago

Bob

Hi Shane,

Scrubly does not support the synchronization across multiple address books. The best way to manage this is to export your Outlook, Gmail or Mac Address Book contacts from each account and import these into one main account. Then, use Scrubly to clean up this new master list. You may need to export contacts out of individual Outlook folders if you have more than one. Once you import the combined contacts into a single master list, use Scrubly to clean it up. Then, export this new scrubbed list out and import back into your other address books.

This is a bit of manual effort, but it works.

I hope this helps, if you should have any further questions, please let us know. And, thanks for using Scrubly to clean up your contact lists.

2 years ago