Scrubly

Outlook 2011 for Mac

(10 replies) This is a Public Forum Post

Steven Koinis

Now that it is nearly June of 2015, does Scrubly work with Outlook 2015 for Mac.

I have scrubbed my contacts using the yearly contract version of your software and downloaded the results, but don't know how to sync the scrubbed contacts with my Outlook contact databases. Also, i have noticed that i have lost some phone numbers and names. i am going to have to revert back to my original files until i have the time to scrub the 2 or 3 thousand conflicts that i have.

is there an easier way to do this?

thanks

(4 years ago) Posted by Steven Koinis on May 27, 2015 at 13:17pm Mac

Bob

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your note about Scrubly and Outlook 2015 for Mac. Unfortunately, Microsoft has not opened up Outlook for Mac to 3rd party developers to allow us to make Scrubly work.

We have a blog post below that outlines how to clean up your Outlook contacts using Scrubly.
https://www.scrubly.com/blog/duplicate-contacts/fix-duplicate-contacts-outlook-mac-2011/

Can you give us a few contact names where you're seeing missing phone numbers and names? This of course should not happen. We can research on our end to figure out where things went wrong.

Thanks Steven,

Bob

4 years ago

Steven Koinis

i have a major problem. the scrubbed version of my mac address book had many missing names and phone numbers. I have tried to restore my orginal mac address book from your site and it DOESN'T work. what is going on? how can i fix this? URGENT.

4 years ago

Steven Koinis

here is my screenshot. the screen says cancel restore so it seems that it is working but nothing happens. fix this pls or i am toast....

Attachments
Screenshot 2015-05-28 13.47.27.png

4 years ago

Bob

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your follow up and screen shot. After clicking Restore Backup on the Dashboard, follow these steps:

1. Open the Scrubly software you installed on your Mac
2. Login
3. From the Menu select Scrub > Restore Backup
4. Follow the steps and your 24,459 Mac Contacts will be restored

Let us know if you run into any issues. Also, can you provide a few examples of contacts where you're seeing missing names and phone numbers? We'd like to check on our end to see what went wrong. This of course should not happen.

Also, double check to see if you have any other 3rd party apps syncing with your Mac Contacts at the same time Scrubly updates. To find out which apps on your Mac have access to your contacts, Open System settings > Security and privacy > Privacy > Contacts. This will give you a list. You can un-check these apps temporarily.

You've done a lot of work to get your contacts down to 7,791 scrubbed contacts, I'd like to get these updated in your address book so we help you solve the issue you were hoping to solve.

Thanks Steven!

Best regards,

Bob

4 years ago

Steven Koinis

Still have the problem.

I went into the system pref and unchecked all the contact syncs except Scrubly. I have attached the crash report.

This is ridiculous.

Please help.

Attachments
ScrublyProcess.docx

4 years ago

Steven Koinis

Still have the problem.

I went into the system pref and unchecked all the contact syncs except Scrubly. I have attached the crash report.

This is ridiculous.

Please help.

Attachments
ScrublyProcess.docx

4 years ago

Bob

Hi Steven,

Crap, I'm sure this is incredibly frustrating Steven. Just to confirm, you attached the crash report as I'm assuming Scrubly crashes at some point. Can you tell me when this happens and any other detail you can provide about what you are seeing on your end?

Also, it would be a huge help if we could receive the log files from Scrubly. To send these, open the Scrubly software client on your Mac and from the Menu, select Scrub > Send My Logs.

Thanks for your help with this. Once we have your logs we'll be able to figure out what is happening on your end.

What you're experiencing is not typical and we'll do whatever it takes to get this resolved for you. There must be something else happening on your Mac or in your contact data that we haven't seen before.

Bob

4 years ago

Steven Koinis

I am traveling so I can't get the logs to u tonight. The program crashes near the end. It downloads the contacts and then installs them again I think but in the middle of that step it crashes.

4 years ago

Bob

Thanks Steven, we received your logs. I've passed these off to our dev team for review. We'll get back to you as soon as possible with an update.

Thanks for your help in working through this with us.

Best regards,

Bob

4 years ago

Steven Koinis

Bob

what is going on with my backup. have they figured out what is going wrong. i need my contacts
thanks

steve

4 years ago