Adding iCloud email to Outlook 2011 will allow you to use Outlook to send and receive all your iCloud email messages. Here’s how to do it.
A note for Outlook 2011 for Mac users: You can’t yet sync your Outlook 2011 for Mac iCal calendar or contacts with iCloud. See our related post for a workaround.
Setting Up Outlook 2011 to receive iCloud email
1. Open Outlook 2011. (By default, you can find it in the Applications > Microsoft Office 2011 folder.)
2. Click Tools and select Accounts.
3. There are two ways you can add a new email account. You can either click the + sign (at the bottom left corner of the screen) or select E-mail Account.
If you clicked the + sign, you still have to select E-mail…
4. Enter your account information (your iCloud email address and password).
Make sure the “Configure automatically” box is checked and click the Add Account button.
For the account description, enter any name you like.
Any added email account is shown on Outlook’s left navigation pane, with the default account first on the list. The description setting identifies each email account, so you don’t want to leave it empty.
5. Fill out the fields in the “Mac Email Account” panel. Enter your personal information in the “Full name” and “E-mail address” fields.
Enter your iCloud account’s User name and Password.
Depending on your email address, enter one of the following in the “Incoming server” box:
- mail.me.com (for me.com email addresses)
- mail.mac.com (for mac.com email addresses)
If you used an existing Apple ID to originally set up your iCloud account, you still need to set up an @icloud.com email address to use iCloud Mail.
Check the box next to “Use SSL to connect (recommended).
Depending on your email address, enter one of the following in the “Outgoing server” box.
- smtp.me.com (for me.com mail addresses)
- smtp.mac.com (for mac.com mail addresses)
Check the box next to “Use SSL to connect (recommended).”
6. If you want to be thorough and want to have a complete control of your email account, click the Advanced button. The above steps will work for most people, but if you want to further configure your email settings, read on.
The “Advanced” panel has three tabs for you to configure: “Server,” “Folders” and “Security.”
The “Server” panel allows you to control how your email server will behave.
The “Folders” panel lets you manage how your Outlook 2011 folders behave.
The “Security” panel lets you specify your very own digital signature and encryption.
7. Close the Accounts window.
Outlook 2011 will now start receiving all your iCloud email messages.
Incoming search terms:
- outlook carddav
- outlook 2011 icloud
- carddav outlook
- sync outlook 2011 with icloud
- icloud outlook 2011
- icloud outlook
- outlook mac icloud
- sync outlook for mac with icloud
- icloud outlook settings
- caldav outlook