How To Export Outlook Contacts
There are many cases where you need to move your contacts out of Outlook and into another Outlook address book, web mail system, spreadsheet or database. Exporting your contacts into a format that most other email programs and services recognize is fairly straightforward.
The most common export file format is a comma separated value (CSV) file. If you are exporting your contacts for use in another copy of Outlook, we recommend that you choose an Outlook Data File (.pst) as the export format. Otherwise, CSV is the format you want to select.
Export Outlook 2010 Contacts to a CSV File
Follow these steps to save your contacts from Outlook 2010 to a CSV file:
6. Under Create a file of type, click the type of export that you want, and then click Next.
7. Under Select folder to export from, select the contact folder that you want to export, and then click Next.
10. Click Finish.
Export Outlook 2007 Contacts to a CSV File
- Select File | Import and Export from the menu
- Make sure Export to a file is highlighted and click Next
- Select Comma Separated Values (Windows) as the file format and click Next
- Highlight the Contacts folder and click Next
- Use the Browse button to select a location and file name for your exported contacts and click Next
- Click Finish
You can now import your Outlook contacts into other email programs such as Mac Address Book, Gmail Contacts or Google Apps Contacts for example.