How to Export Your LinkedIn Contacts to Outlook
Keeping your social media accounts and address books in sync doesn’t have to be like slipping into an alternate universe. If you use LinkedIn and Outlook, the process is rather simple. Here’s how it works.
1. Sign into your LinkedIn account.
2. Go to the Network drop-down menu and select Contacts. You’ll see your contacts listed. You can also add a contact if you need.
3. Click the Gear icon (at the top right-hand corner of the page) to go to the Settings menu.
4. Click Export LinkedIn Connections. The link is in the right-hand panel, under the heading “Advanced Settings.”
5. Under the heading “Export to,” select “Microsoft Outlook (.CSV file).”
6. Click Export.
7. Complete the security check. Enter the text shown in the images and click Continue.
8. Save the file someplace you’ll remember, such as your desktop.
9. Sign into Outlook.
10. Open your Contacts, located in the lower left corner.
If you have no contacts in your Outlook data files, the following message will pop up: There are no items to show in this view. Double-click here to create a new Contact.
If you do have contacts, then double-click the tab to add a new contact.
11. This will open a new “Contact – Data” file. Under the File tab, select Open, then select Import.
12. Once you have clicked Import, the Import and Export Wizard will take you through the final steps.
When you import the file, you’ll be using the CSV file you saved earlier.
13. Locate your file.
14. Click Finish when you’re ready.
Be sure to select “Contacts” as your destination folder.
Outlook will transfer your contacts.
You’re all set. Your contact(s) have been added to Outlook!